Playboy Jazz Festival
Playboy Jazz Festival 2014
The annual Playboy Jazz Festival is this year scheduled for 14-15th June 2014 and will be hosted at the Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, California, USA.
Going into it’s 36th year the Playboy Jazz Festival has a long history of providing exceptional jazz artists to it’s jazz loving crowd.
Video Highlights of the Playboy Jazz Festival (Mixed Years)
Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel to get access to HD videos of hundreds of festivals worldwide!
The Playboy Jazz Festival was originally founded in Chicago, Illinois by Hugh Hefner but it wasn’t until 1979 that the 2nd festival was hosted, this time at Hollywood Bowl in LA. The Hollywood Bowl amphitheater has been the venue of the event ever since.
Whilst still known as the Playboy Jazz Festival, in 2014 the event will be presented by the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association who also present many of the summer concerts also hosted at Hollywood Bowl.
If you can’t make it to this years festival, you’ll be happy to know that you can listen to all performances live on KKJZ, a South Californian public jazz radio station.
- Playboy Jazz Festival Reviews on Yelp.com
- Reviews on TicketMaster.com for the Playboy Jazz Festival (190+ reviews)
- Past year reviews: 2012 | 2013 | 2013
More Photos in the ‘Gallery‘ Tab below.
The 2014 Playboy Jazz Festival lineup is shown below.
Check back regularly for further updates…
Get updates via Facebook or ⇩ subscribe to lineup notifications ⇩
The 2014 Playboy Jazz Festival lineup is as follows:
– Dianne Reeves
– Jamie Cullum
– Celebrating George Duke! Starring Al Jarreau and Stanley Clarke w/ Ndugu Chancler, Paul Jackson, Jr.& Byron Miller
– John Beasley, music director
– Kenny Barron with special guest Ravi Coltrane
– Arturo Sandoval Big Band
– Allen Stone
– Butler, Bernstein & The Hot 9 featuring Henry Butler and Steven Bernstein
– Tia Fuller
– The New Jump Blues featuring Antonio ‘Huggy Bear’ Fargas
– The LAUSD/Beyond the Bell All City Jazz Band under the direction of Tony White and J.B. Dyas
– George Lopez, master of ceremonies
– George Benson with special guest Earl Klugh
– Dave Holland, Kevin Eubanks, Craig Taborn and Eric Harland: PRISM
– Dr. Lonnie Smith “In the Beginnings” Octet
– José James
– Juan de Marcos & The Afro-Cuban All Stars
– Jon Batiste and Stay Human
– James Cotton Blues Band with special guest Big Jay McNeely
– Los Amigos Invisibles
– Esperanza High School Band under the direction of Brad Davis
– George Lopez, master of ceremonies
– the Brubeck Brothers Quartet’s Tribute to Dave Brubeck
– George Duke with Jeffrey Osborne
– the LAUSD Beyond the Bell Jazz Band under the direction of Tony White and J.B. Dyas
– Bob James/Davis Sanborn featuring Steve Gadd and James Genus
– Trombone Shortly & Orleans Avenue
– Sheila E.
– Taj Mahal and The Real Thing Tuba Band
– ELEW and Jazzantiqua Dance Ensemble with Pat Taylor the artistic director
– Ladysmith Black Mombazo
– the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts Jazz Ensemble under the direction of Jason Goldman
– the Pedrito Martiniz Group featuring Ariacne Trujillo
– the Clayton Hamilton Jazz Orchestra celebrating Quincy Jones’ 80th birthday with Patti Austin and Hubert Laws
– the Grace Kelly Quintet with Phil Woods
– Angelique Kidjo with Hugh Masekela
– Gregory Porter; the Robert Glasper Experiment
– Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band with Lee Ritenour
– Olé Coltrane featuring Poncho Sanchez and his Latin Jazz Band with James Carter
– Naturally 7 with Herbie Hancock
Please help secure the future of this event by sharing on your social media channels. It only takes 2 seconds and with your support we can increase exposure of the event, boost ticket sales, attract more festival-goers and organize better festivals for the future. We need your support, if you can, please help. Thank you.
Tickets for the 2014 Playboy Jazz Festival are available from TicketMaster (Day 1 – 14th June | Day 2 – 15th June) prices range from $26.50 – $179.50 depending on where you seat during the performances.Table showing prices for the Playboy Jazz Festival over the years.
The venue for the 2014 Playboy Jazz Festival is Hollywood Bowl. Transport to and from Hollywood Bowl.
Address: 2301 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068, United States
Phone: (323) 850-2000
Capacity: 17,376 (seating)
You can bring your own food to Hollywood Bowl but there are also many places to eat. Full list of restaurants and places to eat at the bowl.
The closest international airport to Hollywood Bowl is the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Distance from Los Angeles International Airport to Hollywood bowl is around 21km and takes around 48 mins to travel by car or taxi. Transport information to and from the airport.
Currently around 35 airlines operate from LAX including:
To get the best flight deals I would use SkyScanner‘s official search widget below.
The cheapest hotel and accommodation options I could find in and around Hollywood during the Playboy Jazz Festival (mid June) are shown below (Click HERE for a complete list).
*** Hotel prices rise exponentially as you get closer to the festival dates. Book early to avoid disappointment. ***
If you are on a super shoe-string budget then search HostelWorld and get a bed in Hollywood for as little as $25.00.
Check out the nicest hotel in Los Angeles (Hotel Bel-Air) >>
I would recommend checking Los Angeles hotel reviews on TripAdvisor prior to placing any booking. Alternatively, why don’t you try something different and rent someones apartment during the festival period at AirBnB?! Click here for a free £15 credit towards your first booking!
Note that there is NO TENT CAMPING at the Playboy Jazz Festival. However, if you really did want to camp, either in a tent or your RV/Motorhome, then you can check out the nearby camping facilities here on Yelp.com.
We currently have not been able to interview anybody at the Playboy Jazz Fest, if you work for the festival and would like to answer a few questions for this section of your listing, please contact me so that we can get something arranged, thank you.
If you require any further information on this festival or would like to leave a message for others then please use the comments section below.
NB. You also find photo galleries, live festival news, transport information in the tabbed section below. All festival listings are changing continuously, check back regularly.